I would really like to hear from you if you are interested in working with me to plan and plant a polyculture of perennial vegetables in your back garden. Ideally I am looking for someone who:
- Lives in the UK.
- Is passionate about growing their own food sustainably.
- Has limited space – ie lives in what most people would call an ordinary house with an ordinary sized garden.
- Is interested in at least part of their growing space being devoted to growing perennial vegetables.
- Is keen to find out what perennial vegetables would best suit them / their family best and how to grow them in their own home garden.
- Is committed to permaculture principles.
- Is prepared to share the knowledge they glean with others. This might be in person with friends / family / local community; it might be electronically via a blog or similar; it also might be having an open day occasionally to allow a wider cross section of people access or occasional visits from interested parties.
- Would share spare plants / cuttings / seeds etc with others.
I have been growing perennial vegetables for some years now and yearn to start passing on some of the things I have learned more directly to real people! I can help plan and plant a perennial vegetable patch / garden including sourcing a variety of perennial vegetables and other supporting plants to grow a varied polyculture.
This might be as part of redesigning a garden on forest garden principles with perennial vegetables forming a substantial part of the lower storey plantings; or it might be growing perennial vegetables largely in place of annual vegetables.
If any of this chimes with you and matches your aims and ideals please email me at email@example.com.